Bhutan Asian Development Bank Vacancy and Career opportunities 2021 (www.adb.org Vacancy 2021). Recently the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has published vacancy announcement of the immediate requirement for the various position.
www.adb.org Vacancy 2021
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) envisions a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty in the region. Despite the region’s many successes, it remains home to a large share of the world’s poor: 263 million living on less than $1.90 a day and 1.1 billion on less than $3.20 a day.
Vacancy and Career opportunities in June 2021
The Asian Development Bank is pleased to announce the following vacancies in
- Organization: ADB
- Position Title: Economics Officer
- Vacancy Publish date: 20 June 2021
- Last date to apply: 02 July 2021
- Total Number of vacant post: 1
- Place of Posting: Bhutan
- Department: South Asia Department
- Division: Bhutan Resident Mission
- Position Level: NS 2
- Employment Type: Contract
- Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in economics, economic development, public policy and administration, or other related fields, preferably with advanced training, At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in applied economic policy work, experience working in research field in government agencies, international organizations, or academia would be advantageous;
- Download Details
- The Economics Officer is expected to maintain and update the country assistance pipeline, support and monitor project processing, manage knowledge work/products, maintain economic database, support economic monitoring, analytical work, and act as the focal point/coordinator in BHRM on economic, governance, private sector development, finance sector, and public sector management. The incumbent will report to designated international staff and senior national staff.
- Supports the Country Director and BHRM to prepare and formulate the country partnership strategy (CPS), and the annual country operations business plan (COBP), and maintain and update the country assistance pipeline.
- Monitors project and technical assistance processing status and provide regular updates to the Country Director and senior national staff of BHRM.
- Prepares and provides inputs to ADB-wide annual briefing materials and planning exercises, including but not limited to, the accomplishment report, development effectiveness reviews/briefs, the annual meeting country brief, work program and budget framework, and department and resident mission work plans.
- Supports the Country Director/Regional Economic Advisor to prepare the writeup and inputs on Bhutan’s economic performance and its outlook for Asian Development Outlook (ADO) and ADO Update.
- Supports the Country Director/Regional Economic Advisor to update the assessments and writeups for Bhutan’s Country Performance Assessment (CPA) and other economic analysis and knowledge products.
- Conducts an economic research and analysis of issues in relation to the assigned sector affecting Bhutan’s economy, and draft reports and policy briefs and maintain and update comprehensive database on the economy of Bhutan, and assist in monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on macroeconomic, public finance, and financial sector developments on a regular basis.
- Maintains contacts with government offices, private sector organizations, academic/ research institutions, international agencies and other entities to obtain operationally relevant publications and data.
- Supports financial sector operations, including in processing, administration, workshop/ and seminar.
- Participates in and organize seminars and workshops as required to disseminate findings of relevant TAs and economic/sector work supported by ADB and present the findings, results, and recommendations of knowledge products and ADB operations at workshops and/or conferences, as necessary.
- Administers implementation of assign projects/technical assistance (TA) by monitoring/reviewing progress; providing advice on ADB’s guidelines on procurement, disbursement, and safeguards; and helping on problem solving and prepare project/TA completion reports as and when assigned.
How to Apply
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.