Bhutan National Centre for Animal Health Vacancy and Career opportunities 2021 (www.ncah.gov.bt Vacancy 2021). Recently the National Centre for Animal Health (NCAH) has published vacancy announcement of the immediate requirement for the various position.
www.ncah.gov.bt Vacancy 2021
The National Centre for Animal Health (NCAH) is located about 15 km away from Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan. It started off as a laboratory in 1978 at Chubachu and later was named as Royal Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory and shifted to Serbithang in 1981 under an UNDP/FAO project. It was subsequently strengthened under EU assistance between 1991 and 1999 and was renamed as Royal Veterinary Epidemiology Centre (RVEC). The centre was responsible for under taking disease investigation, conduct basic animal health research, provide technical backstopping to the Dzongkhags and confirm animal disease diagnosis in the country on routine basis. RVEC was renamed as NCAH in 2005. The National Centre for Animal Health (NCAH) is one of the central programs under the Department of Livestock, Ministry of Agriculture & Forests. It is the national focal agency for all matters related to animal health in the country. It also functions as the focal agency for referral of laboratory samples to the regional and world reference laboratories. It is responsible for planning, execution and monitoring of disease prevention and control programs in the country. It is also the focal agency for implementation of essential veterinary drug program (EVDP), procurement/production & distribution of vaccines. It coordinates and implements research and training in animal health in liaison with the relevant institutes.
Vacancy and Career opportunities in February 2021
The National Centre for Animal Health is pleased to announce the following vacancies in
- Organization: NCAH
- Position Title: Animal Welfare Officer
- Vacancy Publish date: 20 February 2021
- Last date to apply: 5th March, 2021
- Total Number of vacant post: 5
- Basic pay: Nu. 9,450.00
- Category: ESP
- Eligibility: N/A
- Pay Scale: 9450-190-12300
- Other benefits as per existing rules
- Download Details
How to Apply
The interested candidates may apply to the Program Coordinator, NWMSDPC flagship latest by 5th March, 2021 along with the required documents.
- Applicant should be a Bhutanese national
- Age between 18-45 years old
Description of job:
- Ensuring animal welfare as priority in all areas of work.
- Perform safe and humane capture, handling, transport and treatment of animals especially dogs as per the protocol
- Assist in all types of the surveys carried out by the program
- Assisting Veterinary surgeons before and after surgery and in emergency rescue response
- Working as a team, assisting in data collection and entry for all of the different projects assigned
- Ready to move in all 20 Dzongkhags in a short notice and be ready to work in difficult conditions
Submit an application with the following documents:
- Application (mention contact No.)
- Valid security clearance for employment
- Medical fitness certificate
- Citizenship ID card photocopy
- Employment application form No. 5/2 with two recent passport size photos
- If employed NOC from the parent organization
- Any other relevant documents.
The shortlisted candidates will be called for the selection interview after the short-listing. Applicants must produce original documents during the interview.
For any enquiry, please contact 17607846/17901834 during office hours only.