Bhutan World Food Programme Vacancy and Career opportunities 2021 (www.wfp.org Vacancy 2021). Recently the World Food Programme (WFP) has published vacancy announcement of the immediate requirement for the various position.
www.wfp.org Vacancy 2021
The UN World Food Programme, The Leading Humanitarian Organisation Fighting Hunger. Your Donation Will Help To Build A World With Zero Hunger. Show Support & Donate Today. Saving & Changing Lives. Assisting 80+ Countries. Fighting World Hunger.
Vacancy and Career opportunities in July 2021
The World Food Programme is pleased to announce the following vacancies in
- Organization: WFP
- Position Title: Advocacy and Communications Officer
- Vacancy Publish date: 14 July 2021
- Last date to apply: 27 July 2021
- Total Number of vacant post: N/A
- Place of Posting: Thimphu, Bhutan
- Grade: NOA
- Eligibility: Advanced University degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other fields relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in advocacy, public relations, information and knowledge management, including experience in the preparation and production of materials for publications. Professional experience providing input into policy decisions and developing partnerships.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written English language (level C) and Dzongkha.
- Download Details
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Develop and recommend country-specific communications work plans to raise the visibility of WFP’s work and enhance our brand recognition/WFP activities.
- Conceptualize and develop communication products to communicate WFP’s Country Strategic Plan to target audiences. These may include videos, photos, text stories, social media posts and press releases to be disseminated through appropriate communications channels, i.e., www.wfp.org, social media, and media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers, journalists and media outlets-print, TV, radio, online-in the country and beyond to communicate the story of WFP to a wider audience.
- Monitor and Manage media/public queries and reputational risk incidents by working closely with Regional Communication Officer and HQ.
- Monitor and analyze traditional and social media to keep programme staff and Head of Office abreast of relevant trends and developments.
- Identify opportunities to position WFP as an important player in the field of agriculture, nutrition and disaster risk management.
- Prepare talking points and draft speeches for the Head of Office’s participation in high profile events and when engaging with the media.
- Work with other UN agencies to promote cohesion and effectiveness of the UN’s Communications work.
- Provide communications support to other units to ensure good practices and programme results are shared with RBB and HQ in a timely manner.
- Explore Media Opportunities through events such as World Food Day, pitch WFP stories and organize media trips and staff interviews when appropriate.
How to Apply
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Bhutan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.