Bhutan Development Bank Vacancy and Career opportunities 2023 (www.bdb.bt Vacancy 2023). Recently the Bhutan Development Bank (BDB) has published vacancy announcement of the immediate requirement for the various position.
www.bdb.bt Vacancy 2023
Bhutan Development Bank Limited (BDB) was incorporated by the Royal Charter, in January 1988, with assistance of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to function as a development finance institution (DFI). BDB is registered as a company under the Companies Act (2000 and licensed under the Financial Institutions Act 1992). BDB now functions as a domestic development bank with cheque facilities after obtaining its banking license in March,2010.
BDB is the only Bank that gives focus to the rural farmers and immediately assumed responsibility for the nation-wide credit program, which mainly provide seasonal, small and medium term loans to the country’s small farmers. It had also commenced its Industrial Lending operations providing term finance and working capital for industrial and Agro-based ventures. Farmers Outreach banking was also introduced to the clients in the rural areas, where the field officers visit the farmers for loan disbursement, collection, deposit, withdrawal etc., at fixed period, place and time. The clients in the rural areas can save their expenses to come to the branch office. The Royal Government of Bhutan (RGoB) owns 96% of its paid up share capital.
Departments under BDB
- Internal Audit Department
- Credit Department
- Finance & Treasury Department
- Corporate Planning & Research Department
- Administration & HRM Department
- Legal & Corporate Secretariat
- Banking Department
- Thimphu Main Branch
- ICT Department
Vacancy and Career opportunities in May 2023
The Bhutan Development Bank is pleased to announce the following vacancies in
- Organization: BDB
- Position Title: General Manager
- Vacancy Publish date: 29th April 2023
- Last date to apply: 13th May 2023
- Total Number of vacant post: 02
- Place of Posting: Thimphu
- Position Level: N/A
- Qualification: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Full time) in any field from a recognized university.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 10 years of work experience. Should have experience in relevant field; should have worked in a managerial role or equivalent position.
- Download Details
How to Apply
Interested Bhutanese nationals who meet the above eligibility criteria may apply along with the following document:
- Filled BDB Job Application Form (application form)
- Curriculum Vitae – The CV should highlight the relevant work experiences, knowledge, skills and other specified criteria for the post;
- A copy of valid Citizenship Identity Card;
- A copy of Academic Transcripts of Bachelor’s degree and others (if applicable);
- A copy of valid Security Clearance Certificate (approved online);
- A copy of CIB report;
- Certified documents to support total number of years of work experience and position(s) held along with duration as per requirement given above;
- A copy of Appointment Office Order for division/department head as may be applicable;
- A copy of Audit Clearance Certificate from Royal Audit Authority as may be applicable;
- The applicant should submit names of at least two (2) referees with email addresses and contact numbers; and
- The applicant upon selection must submit “No Objection Letter” from the employer, if currently employed.
Please note that the original documents must be presented during the time of job application submission. The date and venue of the selection interview will be notified to shortlisted candidates only. Candidates are requested to submit the application with above documents to the Head, HRM Division on or before May 13, 2023 by 12:00 PM
Disclaimer:The BDBL reserves the right to cancel the recruitment and selection process without assigning any reason thereof.
For any queries, please contact the HRMD at 17116998 | 77165197 during office hours.