Bhutan Ministry of Education Vacancy and Career opportunities 2021 (www.education.gov.bt Vacancy 2021). Recently the Ministry of Education (MoE) has published vacancy announcement of the immediate requirement for the various position.
www.education.gov.bt. Vacancy 2021
Lyonpo Jai Bir Rai is the present Minister for Education. Under his leadership, the Ministry has embarked on significant educational reforms and initiatives. Some of the initiatives include the following:
Establishment of 60 full-residential schools called central schools aimed at raising the quality of education especially for children who otherwise had to walk to schools for hours daily.
Reviewed the curriculum to align to the needs of the 21st century. The several changes in the curriculum are aimed at enhancing learning from the traditional rote method to critical thinking competencies.
Embarked on important initiative to raise the teacher competency and morale by creating a sustained strategy to provide 80 hours of professional development training every year to all teachers. The ministry also reviewed the teacher workload and decided to work towards engaging teachers for only 18 hours contact teaching a week. The ministry also embarked on an initiative to provide Masters degree to teachers so that every teacher in the future would have a minimum of a Masters qualification.
Departments under MoE
- Department of Adult and Higher Education
- Department of Youth & Sports
- Department of School Education
1. Vacancy Announcement on October 2021
The Ministry of Education is pleased to announce the following vacancies in
- Organization: MoE
- Position Title: Chief District Education Officer
- Vacancy Publish date: 06 October 2021
- Last date to apply: 20th October 2021
- Total Number of vacant post: 04
- Place of Posting: Dzongkhag Education Office
- Position Level: P1A
- Eligibility: N/A
- Download Details
How to Apply
Interested in–service civil servants who meet the eligibility criteria as per Section 13.7.4 on promotion
through open competition, BCSR 2018 may apply and also refer additional criteria given below.
1. Possess a Master’s Degree and reflected as completed in the ZESt;
2. Currently serving as Dy. Chief DEO/TEO/Principal II at P2A and completed 2 years in the current
position level on the application deadline;
3. Served 2 years in the current position as Dy. Chief DEO/TEO/Principal II at P2A after appointment
through open competitive selection;
4. Principal I at P1 level selected through open competition only and served 2 years after appointment
are eligible and may apply on lateral entry;
5. ‘Good’ and above in the moderation results for 2019 and 2020 and updated in the ZESt;
6. Clean service record; and
7. All the required documents/information must be submitted with the online application.
Documents required to be uploaded with the application form within the deadline :
- Academic Transcript and Certificates for Master’s Degree;
- No Objection Letter from the employer, if working in other agency;
- Recommendation from the immediate Supervisor.
1. Application must be submitted via Google Form to HRD, MoE on or before 20th October 2021 after
which it will be closed.
2. Short–listing of applicants will be based on the result of Psychometric Test administered by the
RCSC. The date for Psychometric Test will be intimated through email by the RCSC/MoE. Selection
interview will be scheduled after the declaration of the result of the Psychometric Test.
3. Four Dzongkhags will be identified after the transfer exercise for Chief DEOs/TEOs for placement
of four newly selected candidates. Their placement to those Dzongkhags will be based on merit will
be confirmed shortly. The choice of placement for selected candidates will be based on merit in the
For further information/clarification, please contact Chief HR Officer @ 02–327703 or Dy. Chief HR
Officer @ 02–338659 or Admin Asst @ 02–335402 during the office hours.